MASTERING SEO CAMPAIGNS, MASTER STEP5 - Submitting to Search Engines and Directories
- Submit your site (home page) to Google at www.google.com/addurl.html
- Submit your site (home page) to Yahoo at http://search.yahoo.com/info/submit.html
- Submit your site (home page) to Microsoft at http://search.msn.com/docs/submit.aspx
- Submit your site (home page) to dmoz directory: http://www.dmoz.org/add.html First type in www.YourSite.com in search box at www.dmoz.org to ensure that it is not already registered.
- Submit your site to Yahoo directory at: http://help.yahoo.com/help/us/dir/suggest/suggest-01.html. First type in www.YourSite.com in search box at http://dir.yahoo.com to ensure that it is not already registered.
- Yahoo has an option for paid inclusion where if you pay them a certain amount, they guarantee to index your site within a specific time frame. However, note that paid inclusion does not imply that Yahoo is guaranteeing you a higher site rank when someone searches
- You may also consider submitting to Yahoo Directory which has an option for paid inclusion similar to above.
- Submit site to directory: http://botw.org/
- As an aside, directories are at a site rather than page level. Directories therefore primarily link to just the home page. They don’t care about back links, and therefore you must submit manually. Getting listed in directories helps with natural search because Google, for example, may follow these links quickly.
- If you are a locally (geographically) based business, then register for local search with the search engines.
a. Google – http://www.google.com/local/add Also, register your business with Google Maps
b. Yahoo – http://listings.local.yahoo.com/
Also, for Local listings, get into the Yahoo Yellow Pages (and other yellow pages):
- To submit to various other smaller search engines, use: www.ineedhits.com (supposedly submits to about 300 search engines).
- If you are selling products, consider submitting to:
http://base.google.com/ so that users can find them on Google.