MASTERING SEO CAMPAIGNS, MASTER STEP 6 - Social Media Techniques
- Blog using social media sites such as WordPress or Blogger (owned by Google). Always keep the keywords in mind as you write. If possible, host the blog on your own website. In order to do so with WordPress, your web hosting must support PHP and MySQL. If you don’t host the blog on your own website, link back to your site with the targeted keywords in the anchor text.
- When your blog is updated, use http://pingomatic.com/ to tell blog engines that your blog has been updated.
- Submit comments to other people’s blogs and forums as this would likely increase the credibility and visibility for your own blog. Be careful and sensitive about advertising your blog on someone else’s blog until you have contributed a fair deal.
- Freely link to other blogs from your blog. Sooner or later, your favor will be returned.
- Consider providing RSS with www.FeedBurner.com. Provide links to http://www.bloglines.com/ which is a free feed reader.
- Submit Blog to Technorati.
- Forums are a great way to get user generated content which search engines love. Forums can be set up with www.phpBB.com or www.vBulletin.com
- Enable users to provide reviews if possible, since this is again more content which search engines like. Use www.review-script.com (for PHP) or www.EasyReviewScript.com (for ASP) to incorporate such a system into your site.
- Create a page on social media sites such as MySpace, Facebook describing your business and insert a link back to your site. Change default page on MySpace to www.myspace.com/company-name
- Build a profile page on LinkedIn and also point it back to your company.
- Post a video to YouTube, as always, with a link back to your site, and again, as always, with the right anchor text.
- Post your case studies and stories on www.Digg.com. Add lots of friends who will vote on the same content that you do on Digg.
- Consider a “Digg it” button on your site so that your visitors start posting content to Digg on your behalf.
- Consider “Save to del.icio.us” button to every page on site and blog. Tags should be keyword laden. Again, this will allow your visitors to bookmark pages on your site to del.icio.us on your behalf.
- To find out how many tags or links your site has received on several social sites use www.socialmeter.com
- Create pages on www.hubpages.com and www.squidoo.com Remember always to create back links to your own site.
- To pay money to Bloggers to write about your website consider using: www.PayPerPost.com
- You can also pay money to third party reviewers to review your product. Use www.ReviewMe.com
- You can submit articles of about 300 to 1,000 words to one or more of the following sites always with back links, and wherever possible, allow for content syndication.
- When submitting articles include: who you are, call to action and, of course, your URL.